Mr. Plumlee is a Co-Managing Shareholder, Chairman of the Firm’s Litigation Department, and manages our Firm’s Court Collection Department. His practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on business, land use, environmental law and product liability, including aviation litigation. As part of a vibrant land use practice, Mr. Plumlee heads a team within the firm specializing in environmental remediation projects. He was appointed to serve as an Associate Commissioner on the Virginia Marine Resources Commission. Mr. Plumlee’s clients include multiple regional businesses, professionals, insurance companies as well as municipalities. Mr. Plumlee has been repeatedly elected by his peers to be included in Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite and Virginia Super Lawyers in the categories of Civil Litigation Defense and Environmental Litigation. Mr. Plumlee has an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Former Chairman of the Virginia Beach Wetlands Board
- Virginia Marine Resources Commission (2010 - 2014)
- Volunteer Mentor for Seatack Elementary School
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Local Government Attorneys of Virginia
- Great Bridge Battlefield and Waterways History Foundation
- Virginia Beach Forum (President 2017-2018 Season)
SAMPLE CASEWORK LAND USE
- Fabrikant v. Currituck County, No. 112PO4, (Sup. Ct. N.C.), 597 S.E.2d 129; 2004 Lexis 537.
- Fabrikant v. Currituck County, 2005 N.C. App. Lexis 2219 (Ct. App. N.C. 2005).
- Fabrikant v. Currituck County, No. COA04-250, (Ct. App. N.C.) 174 N.C. App. 30; 621 S.E.2d 19; 2005 N.C. App. Lexis 2219.
- Hoffman v. Vulcan Materials Co., Civil Action No. 1:98cv00152, (M.D. NC.), 91 F. Supp. 2d 881; 1999 U.S. Dist. Lexis 21548.
- Richard L. Giampa, et al. v. Currituck County, Civil Action No. 98 CvS 153.
- Robert Herman Properties, LLLC v. Oceanside Condominium Owners Association, Inc., et al., Case No. CH01-110 (Virginia Beach Cir. Ct. 2001).
- Mineo Corp. v. Rowe, No. Civil Action No. 2:07cv57-H (E.D. NC.), 2011 U.S. Dist. Lexis 22304.
- Mineo Corp. v. Rowe, 2011 U.S. Dist. Lexis 101479.
- Meeks Disposal Corporation v. The United States and Dorado Services, Inc., No. 07-544 C (Ct. Fed. Cl.).
- Grayson Fin. Am., Inc. v. Arch Specialty Ins. Co., Civil Action No. 2:05cv461 (E.D. Va. 2006) U.S. Dist. Lexis 7302, February 6, 2006, Decided.
- Clark v. Carland, Inc., Civil Action No. 4:05cv158 (E.D. Va. 2007), U.S. Dist. Lexis 16397, February 23, 2007, Decided.
- Salmons, Inc. v. First Citizens Bank & Trust Co., Civil Action No. 2:10cv72 (E.D. Va. 2011), U.S. Dist. Lexis 117239, October 10, 2011, Decided.
- Salmons, Inc. v. First Citizens Bank & Trust Co., Civil Action No. 2:10cv72 (E.D. Va. 2011), U.S. Dist. Lexis 116021, October 7, 2011, Decided.
- Chisolm v. Transouth Fin. Corp., Civil Action No. 2:93cv632 (E.D. Va. 2000), U.S. Dist. Lexis 8483, May 12, 2000, Decided.
- Environmental Issues: SWM & TMDL - October 26, 2013
- North Carolina State University (B.A. magna cum laude 1991)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D. 1996)
- Goodwin v. Furr, 1:97cv01309 (M.D. NC.), 25 F. Supp. 2d 713; 1998 U.S. Dist. Lexis 17591.
- City of Chesapeake, Virginia, et al., v. Black Bear Disposal, LLC, Civil Action No. 05 CvS 95 (Camden County, N.C.)
- Weinstein v. Todd Marine, Civil Action No. 2:99cv1684 (E.D. Va.), 115 F. Supp. 2d 668; 2000 U.S. Dist. Lexis 14628.
- Gilmore v. Wise Co., CL06-1745 (Portsmouth Cir. Ct. 2006), 72 Va. Cir. 353; 2006 Va. Cir. Lexis 270, December 13, 2006.
- Christine M. Bowen v. Mooney Airplane Company, Inc., et al., (Chesterfield Cir. Ct. 2010), Case No.: CL10-1025.
- Thomas Hopkins v. Kenneth Kirkland, Trainham Disposal, Inc., Joseph Cox and Elias Wilf Corporation, (Chesterfield Cir. Ct. 2002), Case No.: CL01-526, New Case No.: CL02-894.
- Estate of David Drye et al., v. Cessna Aircraft Company, Textron, Inc., (Mecklenberg County, N.C. Sup. Ct. 2002) 00 CvS 8163
- Estate of Scott Futrell v. Lycoming Engines, Cessna Aircraft Company, et al., 5:04cv00160 (E.D. N.C. 2004).
- Volvo Penta of North America, Inc. v. Marine Matrix NW, Inc. (American Arbitration Association, Atlanta Service Center).