Governor Robert F. (“Bob”) McDonnell is “Of Counsel” to the firm, having been an associate and partner for 14 years. He practices in the areas of litigation, business law and administrative law. Completing 38 years of public service, he served as the 71st Governor of Virginia from January 2010 through 2014 defeating his opponent by a 17-point margin in the 2009 general election. He previously served as Virginia’s Attorney General from 2006 to 2009 and as a member of the Virginia House of Delegates from 1992 to 2006. Governor McDonnell is a 21-year veteran of the U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserve, retiring in 1997 as a Lt. Colonel. He is a former Virginia Beach prosecutor and manager for a Fortune 500 company. He has five adult children and seven grandchildren.
- Virginia State Bar
- Professor of Law and Government, Regent University and Liberty University
- Board Member, Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Delta Star Inc.
- President, Virginians for Reconciliation
- Contributor, News Max TV
Major Projects Handled
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. 1976)
- Boston University (M.S.B.A. 1980)
- Regent University ( J.D./M.A. 1989)