Dorinda P. Burton
Ms. Burton is a civil trial attorney who concentrates her practice in the areas of health care and medical malpractice by representing physicians, nurses, hospitals, and other health care providers in state and federal court. She also advocates on behalf of clients in matters before the ECFMG, Workers Compensation Commission, and Virginia Boards of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, and Long-Term Care Administrators. Ms. Burton further sits as an arbitrator for parties seeking alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Burton has been repeatedly selected as a Super Lawyer in Health Care Law by Virginia Super Lawyers and as Coastal Virginia Magazines best lawyers for medical malpractice defense. She was admitted to the Virginia Bar in 2003 and the North Carolina Bar in 2015. She is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. Ms. Burton has an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Alumni Ambassador for New England Law
- Getting in Front of LGBT Issues in Healthcare - April 2019
- Cross Claims and Contribution - February 2018
- Risk Management: Positive Impact on Patient Care, Reputation, and the Bottom Line -- November 2017
- Treatment of Patients with Mental and Behavior Concerns - May 2017
- Physician Extenders: Liability and Regulatory Issues - April 9, 2014
- So . . . You've Been Named in a Lawsuit - September 25, 2013
- Medical Records Documentation - March 2023